30 November 2013

wild for salmon and sorghum beer






Happy Small Business Saturday! Today I'm digging up some pictures from a very simple and very delicious dinner from the summer. Featuring, of course, one of my favorite local small businesses! Wild for Salmon is based in my hometown of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. They harvest the salmon themselves off the coast of Bristol Bay, Alaska and truck it back to Pennsylvania to sell from their base warehouse, farmers markets, and small stores around our area! And wow! Is the product impressive.

The day we picked these fillets up, Pork and I left em in an olive oil, gluten free soy sauce, (our own)garlic, and ginger marinade for a few hours before tossing them on the grate over a nice bed of coals right before sunset. complimented, of course, with local mashed potatoes creamed up with our favorite raw milk and butter from another local vendor. believe me when I say these fillets are melt-in-your-mouth good. I'm glad I have a small vendor like Wild for Salmon I can trust to deliver a sustainable and high quality cut!

Although not AS small, I can't leave out my fish-pairing of choice, Dogfish Head's Tweason'ale. A totally quenching honey, strawberry, and GLUTEN FREE sorghum beer! I had a taste of this great brew in a tiny cafe in Philadelphia last winter and finally got a growler of my own during a trip out to Delaware in August. Just writing about it is making me itch to order a case.

I hope ya'll are having a great late autumn! and staying warm for those in the northern terrain!

x danielle

Wild for Salmon
Dogfish Head

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers