28 October 2013

22 thoughts for 22


from august 2013

the one picture that somewhat survived was this birthday, a silhouette of my dining neighbors at a sushi bar in scranton my partner and I visited at 9am on the 21st. a nice quiet start to a day of driving, exploring scranton, and small bottles of wine in smaller bedrooms of good friends.

these are some of the things I've learned recently and will be carrying close to my heart for my 22nd year

twenty two thoughts for my twenty second year
  1. get up as early as possible. do as much as you can first thing in the morning.
  2. friendships shouldn't be perpetually full of apologies and lies and hurt feelings. or else they may not really be friendships
  3. it's not selling out if it's buying into the system
  4. coffee deserves to be black
  5. western beauty ideals are absolute shit, don't listen to them
  6. western gender rolls are absolute shit, don't listen to them
  7. always apologize if someone tells you you hurt them. if you care about a person, they deserve the effort not to hurt them again.
  8. using slurs doesn't show you're tougher. it makes you look uncreative, incredible, and probably really really mean.
  9. dogs are important. animal companions are important
  10. it's okay to want the best everything
  11. there is nothing wrong with self promotion, especially when promoting your work
  12. starting now is better than starting later(or never)
  13. always practice your craft, always refine
  14. how much this ira glass quote rings true. to summarize, you only get good at something by sucking at it for a long time.
  15. re: american healthcare. if you're not getting the service you want, complain complain complain(they do not care otherwise)
  16. say what you mean, don't be vague
  17. being strong is okay
  18. being not strong is okay too
  19. drinking is fun until it's not fun anymore
  20. good company is better than bad company which is better than no company(maybe not good)
  21. I don't really care what I'm making, as long as I'm making something forever
  22. still don't think I'm fond of sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers